Recently I created a specialized graph editor for matchstick graphs like the Harboth graph. It is not a fancy application but it works:
Try it out and load the data of the harboth graph into your editor!
Question: What is the minimal 1, 2 and 3-degree-matchstick graph in 2D?
- In a 3 degree graph every node has exactly 3 edges
- It must be a planar graph (edges can only intersect at the nodes)
- Length of each edge is the same
- Be the first and link to your matchstick.dat file(s)
- Think about solutions for 1, 2, 3 and 4 degree matchstick graphs in 3D (easier than 2D)
Prizes: Win Experience and be listed here as a winner 😉 !
Getting starting and done was easy and fast within some hours. But debugging and writing tests in JavaFX (1.2 or 1.3) with NetBeans is not that good as described earlier