I simply did (Go to the full upgrade instructions for more information.)
and clicked “ok” two times. That was all!
Within ~40-60 minutes (while I did something in parallel) it reinstalled a lot of packages, the kernel, …
- Jdk 5 is not longer supported from sun and because of this it is not available in apt-get. So you have to install it manually.
- There is no Grip :-( Could I use KaudioCreator as alternative?
- Couldn’t upgrade kbluetooth4.(?) I reinstalled this … now it works
- Upgrading the VirtualBox driver was necessary, but easy:
sudo /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup
- I had to re-disable the annoying sound on the login screen, but there is no sound entry under System->Preferences ?
But this helped: sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-sounds
- I had to edit the color in the video player because of a blue breath: Edit->Preferences->Display->Reset to Default
- I had to manually update the java version:
sudo apt-get remove sun-java6-jre
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-plugin
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
Thats all! I like updating the ubuntu/debian way🙂