I am really happy with NetBeans 6.0, but through my usage of other IDEs I noticed that there could be even more features in NetBeans. Namely:
- Spell-checking while editing. I know that there is an existing module. But the module isn’t in the final release! (And nbextras is down.)
- Serial Version Generator. Even here is an existing modul. But as always I would prefer that a working version will be shipped with the IDE.
- A simple binding of an ant-task to a menu entry (to define keyboard shortcuts). E.g. Provide a ‘Create new menu from ant-task’- wizard.
- Formatting of several files. E.g. via right clicking on a package->Tools->Formatting.
- Searching through keyboard shortcuts should be possible.
- One should be able to select specific moduls for the update process. And the process should be done in background.
I know that there is an issue tracker for NetBeans. And here is a quite extensive list. But I want to discuss wether these features are important and if you have suggestions for further improvements. Please do not only mention things that other IDE’s can do.