There is a developer version available. Look here.
- How to install the jdk 1.6 for Mac OS 10.5 (32 bit). You will find there how to use JavaFX on the top of this SDK.
- Soy Latte JDK 6
I will collect some links here about the discussion that java 6 is missing on Mac OS X:
- http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t103042.htmabout the strange string 13949712720901ForOSX)
What could be the reasons?
- Apple is lazy or
- Apple has no money for this or
- Apple wants to hinder java gaining more popularity (They want to push their Flash etc.) or
- The best developer platform ? 😉 Why else ???
Now java 1.6 is not platform independend. We could post an issue in a java bug database …
Apple even removes threads about this in its developer forum.
And then they say sth. like Why you will love developing on Mac OS X… (http://www.apple.com/macosx/developer/)
- That amazing! I googled (against 13949712720901ForOSX) on 03. November and I found 6 entries. Today (04.11) I found more than 300 !
You can try the following jdk1.6 versions (No garanty for this, they should work for mac os x 10.5 ?):